Biosafety and Biosecurity (BSS)
The BSS series covers a variety of biosafety and biosecurity topics, and addresses basic information for multiple regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Basic Introduction to Biosafety
- Biosafety Officer Training
- Initial Biosafety Training
- Biosafety Retraining
- Animal Biosafety
- Shipping and Transport of Regulated Biological Materials
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Bloodborne Pathogens
- Select Agents, Biosecurity, and Bioterrorism
- Emergency and Incident Response to Biohazard Spills and Releases
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Recombinant DNA Guidelines
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Human Gene Transfer
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) Member Training
- Dual Use Research of Concern (DURC)
- USDA Permits
For a listing, description, language availability, and recommended use of each module in the BSS series, download the BSS Catalog (PDF file).
For recommendations on using this series, download Using CITI Program Content: Biosafety and Biosecurity (PDF file).
BSS content is suitable for a broad range of audiences ranging from researchers working in laboratories that handle biohazards to persons who serve in biosafety offices or on an organization's biosafety committee.
Pricing and Subscription Options
Available to subscribing organizations starting at $500 USD/year, which is in addition to the base subscription. Independent Learner registration is available for $100 USD.